Saturday, August 15, 2009

Family Reunion

Our family enjoyed a reunion in Park City, Utah. As expected the gathering was not the same without the presence of my younger brother Brian who passed away last June. His beautiful pregnant wife Anna and spirited daughter Ava joined us and we mobbed them with love.

With all that has transpired in our lives, our Cardall family was still able to gather in humility, love, friendship. We also had a lot of laughter.

After the reunion our family went to the Salt Lake City to set a temporary headstone on Brian’s grave. I say temporary because the city requires the ground to settle before the grave receives a permanent tombstone.

My younger brother David and Dad built a cement base. As the cement settled, Brian's wife Anna had Ava did a hand and foot print in the cement along with the words inscribed “I Love You Daddy.”

I wish people had what I've been fortunate to enjoy. Along with the overwhelming love I feel from my gorgeous wife Lynnette and sweet daughter Eden, my parents are still together and they love each other.

"In a world of turmoil and uncertainty, it is more important than ever to make our families the center of our lives and the top of our priorities," said L. Tom Perry

8 comments:

  1. What a touching message and picture of Brian's wife and daughter. So glad that all is well and you are all hanging in there. Our thoughts and prayers remain with you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote. I am still praying for you, Paul.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. Thanks, as always, for sharing your sweet, grateful insights into life. I deeply appreciate the lift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet. How is your sister in law doing? And the rest of the family?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts are with you and your family. What a sweet thing to do on the headstone. Your strength in difficult times is an inspiration to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very precious. Our thoughts go out to your sister in law and her darling daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leaving the prints will come to have such great meaning for Ava in her life.

    I can relate to the family reunion, my husband and I went to Idaho this week-end and I saw my sister and brother, whom I have not seen for 27 years. That was an awesome reunion,as yours was for you, I am sure your Brother was nearby enjoying the family reunion with you all. Love can never be bound.

    The Lord Blesses each one of us in ways we may not fully understand, that is why I say cherish every moment.

    Thank you for sharing your talents with each person that is willing to listen :)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete