Sunday, August 23, 2009

Radio Interviews and Sacred Piano

With all that’s transpired this past year I’ve put aside my music career to focus on family and getting a new heart. I have been able to maintain contact with fans in newsletters, including consulting a few musicians. Nonetheless, it's been difficult and a financial challenge as a father to put work on hold.

In the beginning I canceled a little over 20 gigs not knowing if I’d be available. In addition, I stepped away from the recording studio. My self run instrumental label Stone Angel Music released only 1 record from guitarist Ryan Tilby.

And yet, musically, I couldn’t be more full of emotion and appreciation. It’s as though music is flowing so deeply inside of me as to burst forth into symphonies offering praise to God for His kindness and mercy amidst suffering. He has taken good care of my little family. It's hard to sit still and not share something.

I'm grateful to Shadow Mountain Records. They reached out to me earlier this year in an effort to keep sharing my music. As a result, this past week they've released an album called Sacred Piano on my behalf. It's been interesting to sit back and let them do all of the work.

Sacred Piano came out of my desire to share 15 of my most personal songs from my 15-year career in relation to this sobering experience. The album features original and arranged piano compositions. In addition, while at home I was able to record three new pieces on my old grand piano for the CD, which include Gracie’s Theme, Amazing Grace, and Were You There?

This past week I had a couple of radio interviews over the phone from Primary Children’s Medical Center. We discussed everything from how I feel about waiting for a heart transplant to recording music.

I wanted to share these conversations with you in an effort to lift your day and give you hope in your own bright future. God can work miracles. It might not be a physical cure to a physical challenge but rather a spiritual change of heart within each of us. He has done this for me.

Interview with Steven Kapp Perry on The Cricket & Seagull Fireside Chat
LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW

Interview with KSL Radio’s “People of Faith with Carole Mikita”
LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW

More information on Sacred Piano visit:
http://www.paulcardall.com

12 comments:

  1. We will look for you this next tuesday and wednesday in the PICU. Maybe we will be neighbors. Take care until then and hopefully we can visit for a few after k's surgery. Have a great day today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, we are praying for you and for your new heart. We have been following your blog for the past couple of months. Our son also has tricuspid atresia, he just had his glenn operation. He is home and doing great, he inspires us daily. I just wanted to introduce myself. Your music is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paul. Thank you for linking to your music. It's my favorite. Your blog evokes deep emotions of gratitude, joy, sorrow, and humility. I certainly need your inspiration and genuineness. Thank you, as always.

    My prayers continue to be with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interviews. Absolutely beautiful music. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am Dylan's mom and he too, is waiting for a heart. He has the same underlying defects as your heart. I have found that I get so much strength from reading your blog. Your comment about miracles- the "spiritual change of heart" really hit me. Thank you for guiding me through this very difficult time. It helps me, more than you will ever know. I love your music.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paul,

    I wanted to share with you how your candle at Church is burning the brightest of all and I am positive it is a sign of God's love for you and good things to come.
    I wanted to share something we have in common. I too was stubborn practicing piano in Fourth Grade. I wanted so desparately to play the piano, as my Mother played the piano and Organ at our Church in La Jolla and I would watch her every Sunday in awe. However, I refused to practice at home and only played by ear, refusing to learn to read notes and having difficulty. Unfortunately, my overly strict teacher,( a nun of the Holy Cross) told my parents there was no hope for me (yes, I am that stubborn ;)) so that was the end of that.

    But, today I want to thank you for your beautiful inspiring music that gives me great pleasure listening and reminds me of my sweet Mother's beautiful music and strong faith.
    God Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  8. For now we will all enjoy the BEAUTIFUL music you have already shared with us.....and look forward to what you have to offer in the future.

    christina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought a few of your songs on Itunes. They are so beautiful. I listen to them through out my day and they bring me peace. Thank you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been out of town, but i'm going out today to buy Living for Eden. Gracie's mommy gave me the idea to play your music for him. He does have a CD I play at bedtime but its getting old. I can't wait to try your beautiful music with him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Paul, Just found your blog. Your misic is beautiful as is your family and your faith in our God. You and your new heart will now be in my prayers and so will your family and doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, paul. I'm a new fan, I first listened to your music then researched you and found out about your heart defect. I just want to say that I might not know you as much, but your music is beautiful. Your heart may not be in great shape, but your soul is, and through your music, it speaks.

    ReplyDelete