Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Children's Hospital Telethon

I continue to meet parents who have experienced great challenges with their children. Once such child is Grant who finally went home from Primary Children's Medical Center after a long stay. Here is a video his faithful and amazing parents put together with my tune, "Our Love" from the Living for Eden CD.



This coming weekend I will be part of the Children's Miracle Network's annual telethon at PCMC in Salt Lake City, Utah. If you're watching KSL you might see me on the tube Saturday night close to or after 7pm and on Sunday at 1pm.

The access to good care is a miracle that happens throughout the year at Primary Children's Medical Center. Once a year the Utah community and KSL Channel 5 come together to celebrate those miracles during the KSL/Primary Children's Miracle Network Telethon.

The 27th annual Primary Children's Telethon begins Saturday, May 30 at 6:30 p.m. and continues through Sunday, May 31 at 5:00 p.m. on KSL Channel 5.

Primary Children's is the only full-service pediatric hospital in the Intermountain West equipped to care for the total child. The hospital provides specialized care to each child, regardless of ability to pay. Last year, Primary Children's expended more than $13.4 million to cover more than 11,337 charity-care patient visits.

Contributions can be made during the Telethon or by mail to Primary Children's Medical Center, P.O. Box 58249, Salt Lake City, UT, 84158, or online at www.primarychildrens.org.

8 comments:

  1. I think that is one of my very favorite songs of yours. Thanks for sharing. What a blessing modern medicine is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Paul about Children's Miracle Telethon.
    Grant has certainly been on my prayer list. He really is one of God's miracles and such a little doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Paul, for your dedication to every wonderful cause! Thank you for this blog site that keeps us all up to date. I check it every day and pray for good news from you. May God continue to bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The telethon is a hard time for me, while Jax has spent so much time their and Dr. H was amazing, I wished they had done as good of job with Jax as other kids. I wish our story was more pleasant (thats probably why we aren't included as one of the miracle kids)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every day I look at this blog I am humbled. May God bless little Grant, and all the other Cardiac Kids (including me!).

    Each year the PCMC telethon comes on, I wish that I could do more than my little donation. That day WILL come as my company grows. But, for now, I will be tuning in and cheering for all the kids (and "big" kids like Paul and I) to be able to make it through their challenges and struggles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will look for you on the broadcast. Thanks for sharing the sweet video of cute little Grant and his great parents. I have met some of the most amazing people that I never would have met if it weren't for this path that the Lord put us on. I am grateful everyday as well for the many people that continue to teach and inspire me.

    Thanks for helping out the hospital and for doing all that you do to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so neat you are able to help out with the telethon, I know most don't even think about it until they are hit with this crazy, new, frusterating, amazing heart world we live in. Or just anyone who is helped out by PCMC. I am sure glad we live here and Kylie was able to get the best of things there. We will be watching I love to watch it just amazes me how giving and willing people are in this oh so seeminly "bad" world we live in. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your beautiful music. My youngest grandchild is at Primary again for emergency surgery. He was born 10 weeks early and we nearly lost him and his mom. He was in the NICU for 6 weeks, came home for a week, got pneumonia and had to go back down on Life Flight, was there for 2 weeks came home for 2 weeks and is there again. As I sit here reading this, your music calms me and reassures me that He is watching over all. Thank you for sharing your gift. My thoughts and prayers are especially with you and your family during this time of tragedy.

    ReplyDelete