Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Concert on Monday! Peter Breinholt, Colors, Ryan Shupe & The Rubberband, Kurt Bestor, Sam Payne

Again, we are so thankful for all of these musicians; Kurt Bestor, Peter Breinholt, Ryan Shupe & the Rubberband, Colors, and Sam Payne. Amazing!! Colors is re-uniting for the show on Monday. I was a youth counselor at Brigham Young University's Especially For Youth Program for several years before I was married and Colors was the favorite performers for the ladies at the conference. They're great guys and Russ is a good friend. My wife and I were with Ryan Shupe & The Rubberband in Hawaii when they played BYU-Hawaii. I know, tough gig. They are a lot of fun and have had some of my favorite videos air on CMT. Also, Sam Payne is amazing! He is a gifted folk singer and story teller I've been fortunate to know. He is a good friend and great musician. You'll love him. Peter Breinholt is one of the greatest guys and musicians I've been fortunate to work with. We are extremely humbled that he is going to help us out on Monday at the benefit concert. Kurt Bestor is a musician I greatly admire who will be joining us at the benefit on Monday night. I remember seeing him perform with a small band ensemble and light orchestra at Sundance Ski Resort and was uplifted beyond words. We've become friends over the years and I appreciate all that he is doing for our family at this time.

6 comments:

  1. Colors reunited?? AWESOME!!! I saw them at a Santa Barbara EFY in 1995 - I was 16 and I LOVED THEM. I still have the CD I got back then. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these musicians! All of them! That is so funny because I was one of those girls loving colors at EFY! :-) I was only a year older than some of the girls in my group...those were the days! What years were you a counselor? Colors only came to the Arizona session for me. I got them to sing happy birthday to one of my youth! I remember Ryan at a session at BYU- he was amazing! I really really really wish I lived there and could come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What neat tributes these musician friends of yours are giving you on these spots for the concert. So cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that colors were coming too! I can't wait I already have my tickets (kinda...if will call counts) I will definately be there. I would bring Hayley but she is in Germany on a mission so my sister will be joining me. I can't wait to see you and enjoy the wonderful music! You always seem to inspire me. Thanks so much for being such a great example and tell your wife I love her and can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't know who Colors was, so thanks for the brief introduction. It was fun to watch all the little clips you posted, too. Lots to look forward to the next few days. Conference tomorrow, and Sunday. Then the concert Monday! Again, I'm so glad that we will be able to bring my family. Good wholesome recreational activity. :) Hopefully I'll see some friends there that we've talked to about the concert. We're looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could have been there! I saw Leslie's video of you playing Gracie's Theme. It was absolutely beautiful, and so touching for Gracie's family, I am sure, but also for all us who've lost cardiac kids. I am so grateful for the talent you've shared with the world!

    ReplyDelete