Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another Heart Cath

I have another "heart cath" or cardiac catheterization scheduled for April 14th. This will be the 3rd one I've received since last August. They're not the most enjoyable activity you could do during the day. But, I'm always in awe of technology and the advances we are making to improve lives.

This
video feels like a driver's ed film reel but it is actually very interesting but does not necessarily apply to my situation.



Cardiac Catheterization
(cardiac cath) is a procedure that helps doctors see how well your heart is working. Doctors insert a thin, hollow tube called a catheter into an artery in your arm or leg which leads to your heart. The catheter in this image is used to deliver dye that will show up on an X-ray (contrast dye) to visualize the coronary arteries.

4 comments:

  1. Still hoping and praying for you!!!

    :0) Alyson

    http://wellensfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure that I have ever found anybody that likes the cath Lab. They stress me out!!! Hopefully a heart will come before that. Just think, everyday that passes you are one day closer to getting that phone call. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that doesn't sound fun at all! I posted some more of your posts as a spotlight on my blog again today. We're looking forward to the concert. Hope you get the call soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul,
    McKay will be in clinic for an echo the 14th as well. I hope to see you and introduce you to our little fighter. We're looking forward to the concert tomorrow night and cheering with a stadium full of your fans.

    Heart hugs,
    Mindi and McKay

    ReplyDelete