Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

At this time of year I am extremely thankful to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, and fasting. I am at peace with my health and look forward to living the next chapter of my life. But, I'm so happy to be feeling better than I was several weeks ago when all I was doing was laying down on the couch, in bed, or in the hospital.

This time of year is very meaningful to all of us and I am happy to have most of my family in town to help them enjoy my favorite meal; Cooked Turkey wings or legs, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Stuffing, Veggies, and Pumpkin Pie.

God is so good to us even if we are going through difficult times. Incidentally, I was able to go to my Church this past weekend. After not attending for several months I forgot how special the feeling is when I go there. The warmth of people who love God and their love and friendship for each other is something I wish everyone could enjoy. I know God loves us and we can feel that peace from Him during our trials if we work within ourselves to let Him in. From my experience it's expressing and focusing on our pure gratitude and thanksgiving of all the things in our lives regardless of our difficult circumstances that brings His love.

6 comments:

  1. Ok now that my emotions have overcome me. Your so true with ur comments. I think sometimes I get caught up in myself and my problems!! The I connect with great people like your family and thankful for the great friendhips I have. Have a great holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so thankful for you and can't wait to see you guys soon. Enjoy eating every bit of the turkey leg and wing...suck some marrow out for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! We miss talking and being with you guys so much. My mom told me about the article in the paper a while back and I got on your blog to find out the update. We will keep you in our prayers. We have always admired you both and you have been such powerful influences for good! Thank you for your thoughts on trials-what a humbling perspective. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are still praying for you and I am so glad you were able to go to church! Sometimes it's the ltitle things we take for granted...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul and Lynette - we came across your blog from your website. We are glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you were able to go to our "old" ward. We are thinking and praying for you at this difficult time. We love the scripture Mosiah 24 - the Lord is always with thee through our afflictions, burdens, and trials. That really helped last year when Rick was in the hospital. We have a private blog. Send an email and we can send an invite. angie.vanleeuwen@hotmail.com TAKE CARE!

    ReplyDelete