Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cabin Fever. . .

Anyone ever felt this?

Cabin fever

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cabin fever is a slang term for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group is isolated and/or shut in, for an extended period. Symptoms include restlessness, irritability, forgetfulness, and excessive sleeping.[1]

The origin of the term is unknown, but was first recorded in 1918.[2] The term may originate from the United States during the time when settlers would be snowed into their log cabins in winter and would have to wait for the spring thaw in order to travel to town.[3] The phrase may also be associated with ocean-crossing sailing ships in which passengers had to endure weeks and months of slow travel while living in cabins below deck.

__________________

I have cabin fever... like a person stuck on an island...I am able to move around the house but it's hard going anywhere. I spend my day listening to music, sleeping, listening to my daughter play (which is my favorite part of the day), watching The Price is Right and 24 hour news, reading the Book of Mormon, and watching the clock...

____________________

4 comments:

  1. I am an ICU and home health nurse, so I can kind of understand what you are going through. You amaze me with your attitude (and talent)! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart comic made me laugh, I'm sure your doctors wont get the hearts mixed up. Aside from the cabin fever I'm glad you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate cabin fever! I am sorry you are feeling it...DAve is coming to Utah next week and will come see you and he's always good for a laugh right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Paul -
    Thanks for the chuckle from your heart comic. We all need humor in our lives!
    We also have a need to serve and help others, and your love and music is reaching 2 special sisters in Keller, TX.
    One of your CDs accompanied a meal that your sister Rebecca prepared for Shannon, a sister in our Keller ward, who is terminally ill with cancer. She has been inactive all of her adult life and only within the last 2 months has had association with ward members who have enfolded her in the arms of love.
    Since completing radiation therapy she has been wheelchair bound and also has felt the effects of cabin fever, weakness, and fatigue. You never know how far your legacy of faith and music will ripple. I'm confident she will feel your testimony thru your music and be uplifted and given new hope.
    Another ward member, Carylon, lost her husband to pancreatic cancer in June. It has been a difficult year for her. She took your sister's meal to Shannon Wednesday evening and spied your CD. She loves your music and finds peace and hope in it.
    God bless you for discovering, nurturing and sharing your gift of music so others may be blessed. I wanted you to know how your gift is blessing the lives of two women who badly need strength, peace, courage, and hope in their lives.
    We love Rebecca and Dave and their kids and love you and your family through them as they share messages about you. Hugs and gratitude from your fellow Saints in Keller 2nd (and for us back to Keller 1st) Ward.
    Charlene Taylor, Keller, TX

    ReplyDelete