Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Getting Out!

I was finally able to get out and do something other than travel to a hospital which felt really good. I went and voted early and then hit the drive through of "Crown Burger" with a friend. In addition, I went with my wife and daughter to my sister's home so Eden could trick or treat with her cousins. For a little girl who is always wearing princess dress ups she wanted to go as a spider. It was cute.

I saw my cardiologist Angela Yetman today and things looked stable. I'm giving myself lovanox shots twice a day to help me absorb protein.

I'm wearing oxygen 24/7 at 3 liters and I carry around the milrinone medication pumping into my arm through my picc line (there are 2 pictures to the right of the picc).

It is difficult to shower. But, I am grateful that these things are giving me more time while we wait for my heart.

Incidentally, I was moved up on the list to a status 1B. What does that mean? You're either a status 7, status 2, status 1B, or status 1A (I guess because they can't count from 1 to 4). To my understanding, and I might be wrong, a 7 is a person who has a hard time qualifying for a heart because of other disease, infection, weight, and more. A 2 is a person who needs a heart but they're at home and able to go to work or they are somewhat stable at home. A 1-B is in and out of the hospital, receiving medication through a picc full time, and other difficult issues. The 1-A's are in the hospital and don't have vey long. So, it certainly is an unusual situation because there are plenty of people who need a transplant of some kind. There is a great web-site with data about the list and those waiting or donating. CLICK HERE

5 comments:

  1. GREAT PICTURE! Gosh we miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope and pray you continue to get out a bit. Thanks for always sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, This seems so random, but I have thought about you over the years and have remembered your stories and your playing and when you first started out. We had some good times. You have a beautiful family. I am blog illiterate but I would love to catch up. You will definitely be in my family's prayers. Thanks for being so faithful, so that others can grow and gain faith in the Lord. From Becky (Jackman) Smith (EFY buddy!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul-
    I went to your website today to download some new sheet music and was in shock to read about your health troubles. You have an amazing talent that brings people closer to our Savior and Heavenly Father. I have always enjoyed music but your Primary Worship album is what started my addiction to your composures. These beautiful songs have helped me overcome anxieties that kept me from playing the piano in the past. I have met President Uchtdorf and he is a wonderful man like you say. You have a beautiful family, I wish you the best. Your family will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete