Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Remember Mason

Today there is a mother with her dying son living at a Ronald McDonald home in Palo Alto, California as they wait for word that a donor will become available.

The child is Mason. He is one of the millions of children throughout the world waiting for answers to an unknown future.

For me it's one thing to be a father hoping to be around for my kid, but it's an entirely different feeling knowing a child is in trouble and needs help.

I spent many sleepless nights in a children's hospital listening to little kids cry out for help. I had no control over the situation. It wasn't my place and I had to trust in the team caring for that child, but like any good Father I wanted to throw off the tubes that held me down and go solve the problem.

These things continually remind me how precious our time is with one another. We must have focus and fulfill our purpose for living, uplifting and inspiring whom we can, giving and receiving, while praying for those in need and actively doing something to make individual lives better, especially when we have no control over it and feel helpless.

Although financial support is wonderful, the most powerful thing we can do is to pray for their little family. Pray for Mason and his mother and father. God knows exactly who they are.

http://www.miraclemason.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. Praying hard. Prayers are answered. Another Mason just received a transplant last week up at Primary's...
    http://masonbear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so awesome Paul!! We adore the Strickland family and know they are in good hands. Mason and Owen are so much alike, but Mason is so much sicker right now... it breaks my heart! We will have the pleasure of meeting Mason in about 8 weeks and hanging out with them at the RMH. SO excited!

    I put it on the calendar to come up to SLC for your concert next year. I hear nothing but amazing things about it!! Mister Owen would love to meet you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Mason go! Paul, it never ceases to amaze me at the compassion you have for others still fighting along in the journey of life. Our prayers are definitely with Mr. Mason and his whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. boy... do I love that family. Miracle Mason is my lil' hero man! Prayers are amazing-- & I'm saying lots of them. Thanks for sporting the Mason buttons on your blog. {I made them for this beautiful family} --- I figured prayers were worth asking for! GO MIRACLE MASON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul, I am feel so honored that you dedicated this post to our sweet Mason. I cried when I saw your post!!! I am full of gratitude for your prayers and kindness. I don't know how I could make it through this journey without prayer and faith in our Father Above.

    Thank you sincerely,
    Mason's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most of us live our lives without realizing the seriousness and the worry of parents of children and adults who need transplants, and spend their time waiting. I am praying for all of you!
    Lindsey Petersen
    http://5kidswdisabilities.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always praying for Mason!!! We follow and pray for you as well!

    Kristi
    www.GabriellasHeart.com

    ReplyDelete