Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Angel Family Nominations & Scholarship News..

I want to thank all of you who have shared with us your feelings toward an angel family whose had a challenging year. It's heart breaking to know there are so many people who've lost or will lose a child or parent soon.

As promised, one of these various families will receive a small financial gift as part of my upcoming Celebrate Life concert on February 15th, 7:30pm at Abravanel Hall in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The family who receives the gift will remain anonymous to the public in order that we may respect the privacy and nature of all those participating.

As one who understands, people who have lost or are losing a family member deserves our help, love, and friendship. It is absolutely vital to our own happiness and character that we are willing to "mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort."


CONGENITAL HEART DISEASE SCHOLARSHIP

The SLCC full ride scholarship available to those affected by congenital heart disease has a new deadline, May 3rd. For more information visit: http://scholarship.paulcardall.com

Affected means it can be a parent, brother or sister of someone who has been influenced by CHD.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be there at the concert. I'm so happy to know that part of the proceeds are going to help families with CHD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you on Good Things Utah, and just had to comment. I am a 40 year old wife, mother of two teens, and a congenital heart patient. I have Tetralogy of Fallot, and have over come the odds. I grew up at Primary and the U of U, and I'm so blessed, to have such wonderful doctors, some I'm sure you know. I have had four open heart surgeries, and I'm doing great. I'm so glad I saw you on GTU, and I'm excited to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post.....

    I found your site on stumbleupon and read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed to my Google News Reader. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

    Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul-Thanks so much for sharing. You are an inspiration. Our son Colin has TGA and TA/HRHS-the same as you! He is 3 and having his fontan in March. It is inspiring to see someone like yourself. Thank You. Amy and Pat Brophy

    ReplyDelete