Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Celebrate Life on Monday

Whether you are attending the concert or not, please join with me this coming Monday in Celebrating Life and all that is good in this world!

I am looking forward to performing live with my band and string ensemble for the first time since my heart transplant. Abravanel Hall is almost sold out, but we have a few tickets left. I'm thankful to the 2500 people who are coming, especially the many folks flying in from other parts of the country as far as Hawaii.

I'm humbled to have received so much support from the community, local media, and businesses who are donating their services and products to support raising awareness of congenital heart disease and the wonderful families affected by the chronic illness.

Beginning at 6:30pm we have an amazing list of items on display for our silent auction. Every penny received will fund a yearly full ride scholarship at Salt Lake Community College for those deeply affected by Congenital Heart Disease as well as provide modest financial support to several families who've lost a child. These "angel" families will remain anonymous given the number of people who've lost loved ones and to respect the privacy of others.

For more information on the scholarship visit: http://scholarship.paulcardall.com

Evening Concert Schedule
6:30 - 8:00............Silent Auction
8:00 - 8:20............Close Bidding & Purchase Items (Pick Items up after the show)
7:30........................SHOW BEGINS which includes guests openers

The Silent Auction (You don't need a concert ticket to attend the auction)
Some of the auction items include; A sports basket, PGA tickets, Suite for 16 at a Grizzlies Hockey Game, A SLCC Foundation Scholarship (Tuition Waver for anyone), Day at Rocky Mountain Race Way Driving the Track, Fitness Memberships, Scrap-booking Supplies, Jazz Tickets, BYU/UTAH tickets, Private In-House Concert with Paul Cardall, CD Collections, New Baby Supplies, Mormon Tabernacle Choir Collection, Deseret Book Collection, Tool Set, Paintings, Art, Blankets, Jewelry, and much much more... Everyone will be able to afford taking one or several of these baskets home...

For more information and tickets visit: http://www.paulcardall.com

11 comments:

  1. Paul, who is the contact person for donating baskets. Michele Gledhill got all of my information and forwarded it on to whomever that person is but I now have another friend who wants to donate as well. Who should I contact? Thanks, Stephanie Adair (Tom and Michele's neighbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I are so thrilled to be able to go to this concert, celebrate Valentine's together and most importantly celebrate life...our daughter whom has CHD and her two younger sisters which complete our family and give us strength. Also to celebrate those lives which have been short but have given us in the heart community a great lesson in faith and testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward to the show.

    Are you taking requests? If so, put me down for:

    Ice Ice Baby
    Kokomo, and
    Mmm...Bop

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're looking forward to it! We're helping with the silent auction too and I'm excited to see all the great items up for sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending best wishes your way for a successful auction and an amazing concert. I am sure it will be an overwhelming experience being on stage again.

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. julianafr_18@hotmail.com

    Hello Paul. My name is Juliana, I live in Brazil and am a member of LDS. There are many his fans here in Brazil.
    My family and I love your music, and learned a lot from their trials.
    We are rooting for you and your family that is very beautiful.
    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear friend Lyndsey (Blodgett) Locke bought us tickets so we can attend. I am so looking forward to it. Thanks for this, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Four years ago today my husband underwent heart surgery. How fitting to attend your Celebration of Life tonight. Your music and you are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your concert. My son had aortic valve stenosis and it was a fitting to way to celebrate what would have been his 9th birthday today. I knew my angel was holding my hand, and as I thought of this, I thought about all the other people there who had their angels holding their hands as well. There was an amazing spirit there, and I thank you for an evening I will always remember and cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paul,
    Thank you for the amazing concert last night! The performances were wonderful! My husband and I are huge fans of yours and we were so pround to stand and cheer you on in this celebration of life!

    I think of you and Lynette and am amazed at how perfectly your lives aligned, the miracles you've seen together and through your individual experiences in childhood.

    The two songs I cried the most in (I say the most because I think I cried in all of your songs ha ha) but the two songs that struck me the most was the tribute to Anne. (My heart goes out to her...) and "Redeemer"

    Thank you for playing "Redeemer" and the images of Christ! I love that hymn. During the song my thoughts reflected on those in the audience who have probably not heard that hymn in a long, long time and I prayed for them to recieve the witness of the Spirit that was felt so strong in that song to burn within and guide them back to the Gospel again.

    Thank you from both my husband and me for sharing your gift to glorify God, to share the power of His grace with all you meet. I have a feeling that this is only the beginning of your mission here and that your music, your story, your faith and testimony will reach more people than you could possibly dream of.

    God bless you and your amazing wife! God bless your family!

    ReplyDelete