Thursday, January 22, 2009

False alarm. Staying home!

(This is what I sometimes do at the Children's hospital while I wait to have my labs drawn. Of course, the kids boot me off.)

False alarm. And I apologize for crying wolf again but now I am not moving into the hospital on Monday. We met with doctors today an apparently my body is no longer anemic and my protein levels have improved. We did not think that would happen. However, two weeks ago I was infused over a 5 day period with some iron to help improve my blood and give me strength. So this wonderful miracle is great news!

But, it is temporary good news. And again I may find myself up in the hospital with more challenges. You mentally prepare yourself for something and then things change. Life is unpredictable but it keeps moving along for all of us. I love it! And although I have anxieties with waiting for a heart I am truly blessed and grateful for the gift of life.

I am feeling good. So I'll just enjoy this time.

But what a roller coaster!

10 comments:

  1. They could at least offer an artichoke heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for the improvement in your health! That's awesome! It could be worse...I went into the hospital yesterday thinking I had colon cancer and all I have is a hiatal hernia. It's the small blessings... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the waiting room scene! That's my son's favorite thing to do while waiting for his cardiology appointments! I guess the kids do get first in line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We (Jason, Steph & I) would like to offer some gifts of Hope & Comfort Inspired by Jason to your family. This is the only way I know to contact you. Please contact me on my email through blog inspiredbyjasonr.blogspot.com.

    It sounds like you and your family have sure been on a ride - up & down! Wishing you all the best life has to offer. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure we'll be seeing you up there these days! Here's to the great food at the cafe and loads of toys. What I want to know is if they give you tokens for the gumball/ trinket machines? GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your family are in my prayers. By the way, that roller coaster utube you posted was crazy intense!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, so yes, I do check your blog multiple times a day because I know that ANY MOMENT you could get "the call". I never thought that phone call could ever catch me off guard because getting a heart for Kaidence was almost all I thought about and having that pager stuck to my hip did not help. But it it did catch me off guard, if you can believe that. Just know that we are waiting with you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's good news. We're all praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news to NOT have to go live in the hospital and even better news that your blood count came back so good! Still waiting for the heart, I hope you are doing good, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet family..here's to a much anticipated phone call!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so glad that you are doing better. You're in our prayers and we love you guys!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete