Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Video from the Hosptial, Transplant, Recovery

These videos are personal. I'm sharing them in an effort to help inspire you during hard times. Having family, and a personal knowledge through prayer that we a loving and kind God who is our Father in Heaven empowers me to endure another battle. He knows you.

Part One:
I waited nearly a year at home for a donor heart until Doctors encourage me to check into Primary Children's Medical Center due to my severe heart failure. After four weeks the call came that a donor heart had become available. Although I was in severe heart failure, experiencing extreme fatigue, and exhaustion, I was still able to have a little bit of fun with family, friends, musicians, artists, and more. Featuring, Eden, Lynnette, Ryan Shupe, Peter Breinholt, Charley Jenkins, Sam Payne, Mindy Gledhill, Patricia Christensen, Russell's Ice Cream, Market Street Grill, and more.



Part Two: After four weeks in the Children's Hospital the call came. A heart had become available. Watch our personal journey through the transplant, recovery, and the miracle of going home.



These are images from my childhood showing my parents pretty much set me free to do what-ever I could, given my circumstances. I felt normal. I just had a scar. Someone said once of heart surgery, "Oh, tell the people you're a centerfold and you have the staples to prove it."

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing story with all of us. I am so excited for you and all of your family. I am glad you are doing well. I was wondering if you could tell me where I can find the last song on the second video. I love it and would love to listen to the whole thing. Is it on one of your cds? Thanks again, and congratulations.

    trumpet26 @ hotmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your love for your family shines through. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! With tears streaming down my face, I thank you for sharing. You have had some extraordinary experiences, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very touching videos. Thank you for allowing us to see and reminding all of us that a positive attitude and faith in our Heavenly Father is the only way to really get through tough times. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing videos Paul. Thank you so much for sharing them. It is so great to follow your story. I grew up in your stake (the 7th ward) and have always admired your family. I hope your health continues to improve. I can't wait to hear about your Mount Olympus climb in June.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Paul! I have an Aussie Paul who's had a couple of heart surgeries (TOF/PA). He's 17 & and lives life to the fullest. I love your attitude & hope my Paul can be as positive as you whatever life tosses him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing the difference 2 weeks (and a new heart) made. Thanks for sharing the inspiring story of your struggle and triumph....

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an inspiring video. My friend showed me the video of you as a little boy in the hospital at pcmc. I actuallly am the nurse with the striped white and turquise shirt and you have on a red shirt sitting on your hospital bed at the end of the chd survivor video. I remember being your nurse on many occasions once I saw the video of you as a child. I worked on 4 west for many years and it brought back many memories.
    What am inspiration you are to us all!

    ReplyDelete