Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Special Announcement: CELEBRATE LIFE WITH ME!



A year ago when I was listed for a heart transplant I put my music career on hold because of my extreme fatigue and the unique dilemma. I canceled over 25 performances and asked another record label to release my "Sacred Piano" album. It was hard to be away, but a poignant time for my family.


Now that I’m healthy and have the energy I never knew existed, I'm thrilled to announce my first public concert event in my hometown of Salt Lake City at the elegant

Abravanel Hall on February 15, 2010.


Come celebrate life with me as I share my music and journey accompanied by a full band, string ensemble, and several guest musician friends.

I wish those of you living outside of Utah could join me. Hopefully, I'll be able to come to you soon.

As part of the celebration we will host a silent auction, which will provide “The Living for Eden Educational Scholarship” for a couple of kids with congenital heart disease.

My friend's at the Baron Music group are organizing this wonderful event. They led the effort last year by hosting The Living For Eden benefit concert, which greatly helped our family through a difficult time. Many of you came and witnessed one of the many miracles that takes place as a community gathers around one of its own.


Tickets go on sale November 2 through all ART-TIX locations or by calling 801.355.ARTS or ordering online at www.arttix.org


I hope you’ll spread the word. Feel free to copy and paste the image to your blog or facebook page.

Please join me in walking down memory lane and looking ahead to a bright future. February 15, 2010 will be an evening to remember. Bring your family and friends.

For more information:

20 comments:

  1. Paul
    I cried when I read this, how wonderful for you! I may be back in Utah at that time so hopefully I can go. As I may be facing my own heart transplant in the near future I have looked up to you as a friend and an example. I only hope that I can face this with as much grace and faith as you have done. When I feel despair I think of you and say to myself, "Paul did it so I can to!". Thank you for your blog which has lifted me up at my lowest times. I hope to go hiking with you someday. :)
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, welcome back... We will be there and I will spread the word. Your great and such an inspiration to so many of us. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful news Paul!!! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be there with bells on!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't wait! SOO happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Paul! That's great that you're feeling so much energy. I'm sure it will feel good to perform again and have an opportunity to give back to so many who love and admire you. I posted this on my Facebook page and on the sidebar of my personal blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a WONDERFUL and BLESSED occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and I cannot wait to finally see you in person. So glad you have the energy and ability to get back on stage! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come to San Francisco!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful news. How great to be back performing again! We will do our best to be there...can't wait to celebrate life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, we're soooo there! Congratulations, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Easton will be there! He is really "eating up" piano right now. I've always told him how your music was constantly playing in the background while I was pregnant and during all of his hospital stays as a baby.(And this was 9 years ago!!) Your music has always been so special to us. Thank you for sharing your talent. He LOVED the Living for Eden concert, so of course we wouldn't miss this for ANYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so excited - can't wait. I'm tearing up!
    Just posted the info on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so excited for you Paul. Is there a way I can purchase some of your music?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great thing! And so fitting it will be the day after "Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Day"! I'm almost never bummed that I live in California, but right now I am a little!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so amazing and so exciting! And I agree with above comment that it could not be a better time to have this concert during national CHD week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so exciting!!! I wanted to update you about our baby born on the 15th... we wish it were better news, but think it is a miracle that we have this time wiyh him... no matter how short. Here is the update on my blog. Thank you for the inspiring replies and please know that you are a true blessing to so many... http://thisandthataboutthebowmans.blogspot.com/2009/10/stephen-is-home.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am SO thrilled and happy for you! What a gift you are to the world. I wish I could be there. Take care and know you remain in my prayers daily.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so glad that you will be performing again! I don't know when you'll be able to but we'd love a concert out here in the D.C. area! My mom had a liver transplant just over ago and still can't travel, but hopefully soon she'll be able to come out this way. Best of luck with the show and I'll keep watching for an announcement about a D.C. show!

    ReplyDelete