Friday, April 30, 2010

Raising the Awareness

Photo: Raising the Organ Donation Flag at Ogden Regional Medical Center

Last week I attended an organ donation awareness event just north of my hometown at Ogden Regional Medical Center.

Together with two other organ recipients we briefly shared our story with those in attendance. One had received a kidney from his sister, while another woman received eyes to see, and I obviously a heart.

I continue to be amazed by the process and miracle of organ donation. I am a donor and hope those of you are as well.

3 comments:

  1. That's the only way to be! I am continually amazed of those living donors that give so selfessly to allow another to live. That is a true example of love.
    (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep doing the amazing things that you do to raise awareness for CHD and organ donation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know eye transplants were possible!

    ReplyDelete