Monday, January 4, 2010

Apply for CHD Scholarship & Nominate a Family

As I waited for doctors to find me a new heart, my community and colleagues in the music industry organized a benefit concert for our family. I wish every family in a similar situation could experience what I felt that evening.

This is why I am doing The Celebrate Life concert at Abravanel Hall on February 15, 2010 in Salt Lake City and rewarding a scholarship to an individual affected by congenital heart disease (CHD) and a financial gift to an angel family affected by this disease.

According to Senator Dick Durbin and the American Heart Association, “A child is born every 15 minutes with congenital heart disease or CHD.” Despite this sobering statistic, the great news is that most individuals born with CHD now have the medical resources available to help them live longer and enjoy the benefits of growing up, getting an education, falling in love, getting married, and raising a family.

I am living proof of the possibilities and want others to experience my happiness.

Therefore, I am extending an opportunity for individuals affected by CHD (whether you are an immediate family member or have been diagnosed with the chronic illness) to apply for a 1-year tuition free scholarship through my local Salt Lake Community College for those affected by congenital heart disease. I understand the costs associated with having a chronic illness. Education often takes a back seat because of mounting medical bills. I don’t want anyone to be denied of an education because of his or her financial situation.

For more information and/ or to apply for this scholarship visit:
http://scholarship.paulcardall.com

Nominate an Angel Family in the Rocky Mountain Region to receive a financial gift:
http://scholarship.paulcardall.com

5 comments:

  1. Paul, what a great way to give back! I wish I knew an adult CHD survivor who was preparing to attend college.... can this be a yearly tradition for the next....oh.... eighteen years or so??!! :) I can't wait to hear about those who are nominated for these special gifts.

    Alli

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing you are doing Paul!

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so great to be doing this! I know it will be a great comfort and blessing to those who receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, how very kind of you to do this!!! I hope Mason is living still in 16 years so he can receive such a scholarship :-) !!!! Do you mind if I cut and paste this on my blog to help advertise? I'm so happy to see how well you are doing with your new heart. You are truly an inspiration to us all.
    Loves to you family!

    Mason's Mommy

    ReplyDelete