Friday, January 15, 2010

Paul Cardall celebrates new life, new heart

By Nicole Sheahan (Deseret News | Mormon Times)
Published: 2010-01-15 00:16:12

Renowned recording artist/pianist Paul Cardall has a new heart. Some doctors were uncertain about Cardall's survival after undergoing a heart transplant in September 2009. Fighting the statistics and facing the future with faith, Cardall has made a miraculous recovery.

Cardall's music and faith have been an incredible inspiration to me as I've followed his journey on his blog before and after his heart transplant this past year. His example of faith despite overwhelming challenges has touched my life and inspired me and hundreds of others to seek a deeper, more resilient faith.

Having experienced first-hand how fragile life can be, Cardall encourages others to celebrate every moment and cherish each new day as a blessing from Heavenly Father.

"I don't know why God let me stay, but because he did I intend to celebrate each new day as a gift and spend my time lifting others," Cardall said.

He celebrates life by going snowmobiling with his daughter, Eden, spending time with his wife, Lynette, and sharing meaningful music.

Cardall will make his first public appearance since his miraculous heart transplant in the Celebrate Life concert at Abravanel Hall on Feb. 15. It will be Cardall's first concert without a heart defect. Cardall recognizes the huge blessing his heart defect has had on his life; it has taught him things he "could have never learned without it." However, Cardall's new heart has brought him new blessings.

CONTINUE ARTICLE

3 comments:

  1. Paul, I feel so blessed to know of you and to have been in touch a couple of times. Everyday is a GIFT FROM GOD--- so true. It is AMAZING since Stephen's death, just how meaningless things have become. I've wanted to simplify anything & everything, just to be sure that I am appreciating all that the great blessings the Lord has given me. Stephen taught me just how fragile life is and just how grateful we should be for even the simplest things. I have read your blog & turned many to it-- wayyyy before we even found out about Stephen's CHD. As of January 1st of 2010-- I have been a member of the LDS Church for 5 YEARS. After Stephen passed, I realized something that will forever change my life. I realized that everything I thought I believed.... I TRULY DID BELIEVE- and that my faith was stronger than ever before & that my testimony COULD NOT be broken. What a wonderful feeling. My testimony has done wonders for me during this trial in my life---as well as members of my family, which btw don't have much of a religious affiliation. I am just so grateful that you got a NEW heart so that you could touch all of ours. If only Stephen's could've been mended.... BUT I am so grateful for every single day that we had him in our arms. I appreciate the love and support that I felt when you replied to one of my comments. You are genuine and ONE OF A KIND. Thanks. Much Love, Jess --Angel Stephen's Mommy.

    I love reading about your amazing family- such a beautiful family!!! As a family that is aware of your nomination and scholarship, I want you to know how thoughtful and grateful I am for your example.

    http://thisandthataboutthebowmans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that back in those first weeks after getting your new heart...that you decided to keep this blog going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that article, Paul. I posted a link to it on my Facebook page. You are making such a difference in the lives of so many. I'm thankful for the miracle of this transplant for you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete