Thursday, March 17, 2011

Life and Death

Most of you know that last year I received a second chance at life after a donor heart was placed in my chest. Ironically, my younger brother passed away while I waited for the transplant surgery. He was unable to donate his organs. (The video contains actual footage from the day mom brought our baby brother home).

Today, beating in my chest is the heart of another young man who like my brother has gone home to the God who gave us life.

The best way I know how to express the raw deep emotions I've experienced is through the piano music I create.



Life and Death was originally written by Michael Giacchino for the show LOST. I fell in love with the piece and it speaks peace to my soul. Together with Steven Sharp Nelson and Marshall McDonald I arranged "Life and Death" for my latest album, New Life.

Available at Deseret Book, Itunes or where-ever else fine music is sold.

2 comments:

  1. That was so beautiful. What talent you have. I know your brother is so pleased with you and all you do for him. He loves you as do so many of us here on this earth. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was absolutely beautiful! You have been given such an amazing gift. Thank you for sharing it!

    ~Shannon
    Mom to Derrick, Single Ventricle

    ReplyDelete