Saturday, January 8, 2011

A New Life and a New Album

I handed a copy of my new piano album, that doesn’t hit the stores until Valentines Day, to my 91-year-old grandmother. She has a sophisticated ear and enjoys quality music. I have great love and respect for her opinion. If she’s pleased I feel a greater sense of confidence in letting the public have my art.

When I handed the disc of new music to Grandma she had no song titles or additional information about the project. I didn’t’ even have a title.

Yesterday, after a month of listening to the master copy she said, “The pieces are about your recovery, aren’t they?” She could feel the instrumental music and it spoke the message without words to her heart. I said, “Yes, it’s about the emotions I’ve experienced after the miracle of God and trying to comprehend all of the irony associated with my survival.

How does a composer create music after going through a rather unusual ordeal of life and death? I was deeply worried about this and a cause for some stress.

Although I performed and spoke in many cities, it wasn’t until a year after the transplant that I entered a recording studio for the first time.

Having met so many wonderful people experiencing similar health challenges or enduring overwhelming obstacles, ideas or themes flooded my soul and I was finally able to transfer emotions of grief, sadness, joy, gratitude, and humility, into a collection of more than 10 powerful piano compositions accompanied by tender orchestrations.

Photo: My daughter Eden visiting me in studio during the New Life project

New Life is the album. February 14th is the release date. Not only is this a deeply personal album, but also I believe it will be very healing to listeners in search of greater peace and spiritual strength in their own lives.

I am anxious to perform this new music with a small orchestra at my 2nd annual celebrate life concert on Valentines Day. I look forward to having those of you in the Salt Lake City area join us for this unique show.

For more information
http://www.paulcardall.com

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited. I gave my hubby, myself & my mom tickets for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there Im sure it will be amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't wait!

    So happy for you Paul! and your Talent! and your new life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh woops... Paul, that last comment was from Me... Mimi. I was signed in as my mom.

    ReplyDelete