Sunday, November 7, 2010

Caring Connections

Caring Connections, a "hope and comfort in grief" program at the University Of Utah College Of Nursing asked me to speak and play my music last week to a large body of families who have lost loved ones.

This was no easy task because I continue to grieve family and friends who left this world during the past two years. I spent the evening trying to offer hope and perspective. I wish I had played more music. It has always helped me and maybe it could have helped those in attendance.

During moments of discouragement I find strength to go forward with faith by surrounding myself with others who love God. You'll know these people by their character because they are kind and friendly to everyone whether they affiliate with an organized body of religion or not.

I believe ultimately the gateway to freedom from depression and grief is through continual service to our family, friends, and who-ever will take our hand and let us pick them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment