Thursday, September 2, 2010

Promoting Congenital Heart Disease

Last year at this time I lay dying as a father in a children's hospital wondering if I'd be alive to enjoy my daughter's childhood. Within 7 days, on September 9th, two family's lives would forever change.

My donor would leave his family behind and I would return to my own within weeks.

PHOTO: Months before my heart transplant

The ironic circumstance continues to humble me each waking day as I think about the young man whose heart beats in my chest. I pray I may live worthy of his gift.

Thank God for organ donation. I feel a weight of responsibility. My desire is to uplift and inspire people before my new heart stops.

With renewed energy and a recent biopsy with perfect results, I am anxious to go on my book tour (listed below) to spread awareness of congenital heart disease.

My publisher Shadow Mountain and It's My Heart, a nationally organized CHD movement, have worked very hard to help me share my message of faith, hope, and optimism.

I'm hoping to see many of you during the tour at our events.

Those of you who would like to organize events in your own cities please let us know.

Overall, I am very appreciative of all my friends at the Organ Donation Services, Adult Congenital Heart Association, Intermountain Healing Hearts, Mended Little Hearts, Saving Tiny Hearts, and many more. These folks are doing wonderful things to help the approximately 1.8 million Americans with a congenital heart defect.

PHOTO: After my Heart Transplant

We are making wonderful progress and more children are growing up! We still have much to do.

I'm grateful to be a very small part of giant movement. Hopefully, Before My Heart Stops, can provide an intimate look into the life of one individual with a defective birth heart in need of a transplant.

The Book Tour: www.paulcardall.com/events
I needed a new heart just to keep up with this exciting schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment