Wednesday, February 18, 2009

BONE Transfusion | Doctors Tomorrow

Milk won't cut it. My calcium is low. It's an 8. Should be 8.7 - but that's alright because nobody is perfect. Nonetheless, I had my 2nd transfusion to strengthen my bones. My last one was 3 months ago. You basically get hooked up to another IV, lay on a bed, listen to some tunes, and wait 3 hours. I listened to some Jack Johnson, a little Journey, and a sermon by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. Oh you do get a drink. They gave me BOOST. And, a turkey sandwich (like the ones they have on the Delta Airlines when you sit in coach). That was thoughtful.

Tomorrow I get to have some more labs drawn and see my congenital cardiologist, Angela Yetman, and the transplant cariologist, Melanie Everitt. They're brilliant women and so are the many good folks that work with them to save so many lives.

(Pictures: My IV, and the cool gum ball machines at Primary Children's Hospital)

4 comments:

  1. We will be there tomorrow at 8AM in radiology for a little procedure for Kaidence. We are the ones with the lime green stroller (kinda hard to miss.) Maybe we will see you around. Good Luck Tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Garrett would be in heaven with the bumball machine! Good luck with the appointments and such!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul you are so funny. I love your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete