Saturday, June 26, 2010

Scholarship Recipient Sidney Porter

Congratulations to Sidney Porter, the first recipient of the Salt Lake Community College Paul Cardall Scholarship for those affected by a congenital disorder. She recently graduated from North Sevier High School. She was diagnosed with a congenital heart defect at two weeks old. Doctors performed a very difficult surgery preserving her life. Her chronic illness has not stopped her from becoming the young woman she's strived to be. Instead of sitting on the sidelines, Sidney got involved in numberless school activities inspiring others along the way. As she ventures into college and the adult world it will be great to see what she will accomplished.

The committee said there were quite a few people who applied. I appreciate those of you who took interest in this opportunity and encourage you to re-apply next year. I encourage you to be proud of your congenital disorder and let life's challenges fuel your appreciation of life and desire to serve others.

http://foundation.paulcardall.com

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Sydney!!! That is awesome and I'm sure a huge blessing in her life! College years are some of the best and hardest times in your life and I was always so grateful for any extra help or support I recieved! Thank you for making this amazing opportunity available. I'm sure it will bless so many lives in the years to come.

    You've been up to doing a bunch of good this month. That is so great! I can't remember if I even commented or not on your hike but I was so excited to see the reports and to hear how extra wonderful and awesome it was. I am way impressed and just think its wonderful! I'm so glad so many of your family members and close friends and even doctors could all experience this together w/ you! What a sweet experience! Keep having an amazing summer~*

    Love, Chelsea & John Phillips

    ReplyDelete